The ARSAF scope
The Arab Regional Smart Agriculture Forum (ARSAF©) is organized:
- Under the auspices of the Minister of Transport and Communications in Qatar, in collaboration between the Qatar Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (CRA) & the Arab Information and Communication Technologies Organization (AICTO) and, with the assistance of several regional and international specialized organizations.
- Within the scope of AICTO’s Strategy aiming to promote the joint Arab action and to launch of Arab initiatives in the field of agricultural development and food security by the usage of the latest technological trends
- On the occasion of the eighth Qatar International Agriculture “Agriteq” to be held during the period from the 17th to the 21st of March 2020
• Hosted by: The Qatar Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (CRA)
• Main Organizers: The Qatar Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (CRA) & the Arab Information and Communication Technologies Organization (AICTO)
• With Cooperation: Ministry of Municipality and Environment – State of Qatar
• Main Partners: International Telecommunication Union (ITU), Arab Organization for Agricultural Development (AOAD), GSM Association (GSMA)
• Participants: BADEA- ADB- AFESD- IDB- ESCWA – FAO – IFAD- ITU – ATU- IOT Consortium
• Sponsors: Strategic Partner – Main Sponsor – Platinum – Gold –Silver – Exhibition
How ICTs would provide sustainable solutions?
ICT is always known as a strategic tool for the socio-economic development over the world. The ICT tools and services are being the driving force for all economies, through the opportunities they offer in areas of fighting poverty, addressing issues of social and economic inequalities, natural disasters and other challenging problems to issues governments and people around the world.